Thursday, December 29, 2011

Bachmann's Iowa Campaign Chairman jumping Ship

"Kent Sorenson, the Iowa state senator who served in the Bachmann campaign, is leaving the Michele Bachmann Presidential Campaign to work for Ron Paul"
 "There is a clear top tier in the race for the Republican nomination for President, both here in Iowa and nationally. Ron Paul is easily the most conservative of this group," Sorenson said in his statement.
He later told HuffPost Wednesday, "She is not in the top tier."
The loss of the Iowa legislator deals a significant blow to Bachmann's campaign. Sorenson is a Tea Party firebrand who was elected to the Iowa state senate in January after only one term in the state legislature. He owns a cleaning company and is father to six children.
"With the entire Republican establishment intent on smearing Ron Paul and his dedicated supporters, I understand this decision could impact the way people see me and my entire political career. But this is the right decision, and one in which I proudly stand behind," Sorenson said.
He called his choice to leave Bachmann "one of the most difficult I have made in my life."
"But given what's at stake for our country, I have decided I must take this action," Sorenson said."


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2011/12/28/michele-bachmann-ron-paul-kent-sorenson_n_1173622.html

No comments:

Post a Comment